17 days- Light at the End of the Tunnel

If this blog were a child, I'd be a horrible mother.I started to write an update for T-26 days and had to delete it and update with this instead! Ok, fine, if I am being totally honest I rewrote this particular post at least 5 times, but never finished. See? Horrible mother. So late. 

A few days Over a week ago we received a conditional approval! We had to submit a few documents, explain in a formal letter that Tony doesn't pay child support, wait for the appraisal, show proof of homeowners insurance, etc. I took care of all of those documents as of 3 days ago. A week ago we also received the appraisal.

Our appraisal came back at $82,000. Which is perfect because we are buying the house for $81,500 + 3% seller assist. I can breathe easy, because I was half expecting the house to appraise lower and cause a whole other clusterfuck. 

So I am pretty sure once all of that gets to the underwriter, we have an approval from the bank!!! At first I was like DAYUM, maybe we should change the closing that to April 20th/25th or something. BUT, "we" (meaning my lender) has to submit all the info to PHFA, the program that makes my 3% conventional loan possible. This additional underwriting will probably take another week, because according to my real estate agent, they are really, really busy. 

So now I'm panicking. Because it seems like closing might actually happen in 17 days. And I'm busy as it is. But its not like an anxiety panic. I know in the end everything will be ok, especially because we basically have the month of May to move and clean the apartment. Its a happy panic. Is that a thing? In my head I am trying too organize all the things I should be doing, and the things Ill need to do when I move. I keep saying I will write things down, but then that ends up being yet something else I need to do and dont get around to it. hahahaha. 

I did at least
  • schedule the addition of the new house to our electric company for the day of closing
  • scheduled change of address with Post Office
  • schedule the move of our TV services (actually on the hold now as I type this)
  • called the town hall of where we will be moving to and asked questions about permits and changeover of water, garbage, sewer, etc (actually am waiting for a call back)
I still have to call to change over my phone and internet. Thankfully most of our other accounts are mainly online. So I will take care of all the banks, credit accounts, insurance, etc, after we have moved. 

I also started packing a "move box". It has things like disposable cups, plates, utensils, paper towels, toilet paper, basic toiletries. I have to add some cleaning supplies to it. Next week hopefully Tony should bring home some body wash from work and that should go in there too. Since we may not be moving everything the first weekend, this box will go right to the house when we close so we have access to basic materials (although there is a Dollar General a few blocks away in case we forget anything). 

I'm waiting until we have a clear to close and can actually schedule closing to start signing up some "troops" to help clean the new house and paint, which will be the most time consuming things I have to do I think. About a week before closing, maybe the weekend right before, I also want to start prepping some meals, Crockpot meals specifically, so that we can limit how much we order out during that first weekend. Even if we are working in the kitchen, I can plug in my Crockpot in any room for a meal!

Basically, I am just sitting here waiting for either a clear to close or more conditions that the bank would want approved. This is it, the home stretch! I can scarcely believe we are here. I am so giddy with excitement, and I have never been happier to be so stressed. Wish us luck!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

T-10 or 11 Days

T-27 days

T-26 days