How We Got Here

Hi! I am Jen. Along with my hubs Tony, we have 2 girls, B-Bear and Sunshine. At 30, my life is no where, I mean NO WHERE I imagined I would be. Back in school and living in a small 2 bedroom apartment and hosting my brother for an indefinite amount of time. 

Tony and I have always wanted to buy a house since we moved to PA in 2014. First, we were going to buy a 2 family house with my mom but that went sideways very quickly. Then we were going to wait until I finished school. And we still might have, but my girls are getting bigger, and my brother moved in with us. He currently lives/sleeps on the sofa in my living room. My living room which is open to both my "dining room" , my laundry closet, and my kitchen. Plus I work from home, and my "office" is also in my living room, which is also where my kids play 90% of the time. So, as days have gotten colder here in lovely Northeast PA and my kids spend ZERO time outside I have been feeling increasing claustrophobic. Working from home when the kids are home is near impossible, because either they have to be silenced with electronics or I am yelling at them every 10 minutes when I am on the phone. Even in the summertime, letting them play outside is kind of nerve racking because there is no yard, so my kids wander all over the apartment complex unsupervised. Last year there was an incident revolving chalk , car scratches, $300, and a VERY unhappy Tony. 

Needless to say I am ready to be done. The final straw. Roaches. I have been seeing roaches in my apartment for a few weeks now and I have NO idea where they are coming from. They show up at random times at random places. I did not leave my roach infested apartment in NYC and spend 4 years roach free to deal with this gross bullshit now. My mom, who used to also live in the same complex we do, said that she also had a roach problem before she moved out. This leads me to wonder if this roach problem can be solved at all if its an issue in all apartments.  I really REALLY do not want to deal with roaches in a cramped apartment yelling at my kids for another 18 months. No thanks. 

So, as a the end of the year approached, in light of anticipation of our tax refund, I talked with Tony about moving with a goal date of June, especially because our rent increases yearly. After started to interview real estate agents and asking questions to lenders, I realized that it might be easier for us to instead close on a house before the tax deadline of April 15. After talking to the hubs about it, he was still on board!! So, here we are, potentially buying a house. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

T-10 or 11 Days

T-27 days

T-26 days