This Is It

We just got back from seeing the house again. This time, everyone was there. My dad, my brother, Bella Bear, and Sunshine. I wanted my dad to come because, if I haven't already mentioned this, he is basically an unlicensed contractor, and I wanted his honest opinion. 

My dad HATES the bathroom, well, he didn't quite say that outright, but I think it was his biggest issue with the house, and it's nothing urgent. He feels the same about the kitchen. They are both gut jobs for sure. But on the positive side, these are gut jobs that can only increase the value of the house. 

I was very pleased to find out that it looks like the drop ceiling was simply a matter of cost/time. The actual ceiling above it looks like its in good condition and can simply be dry-walled down the line. AND there looks like there is sheetrock behind the wood paneling!! HALLELUJAH. In time I know we should be able to remove the paneling and mend and paint the sheetrock. Whether it is an impulsive "I can't take this any more" or a well planned project remains to be seen. For now I shall have to settle with painting the wood paneling, and the drop ceiling is in good shape. 

The half bathroom downstairs is tiny, for now I should be ok with just replacing the sink/vanity and painting the floor with a stencil. However, it is small enough that I could just add brand new flooring. 

Today was frigid, the thermostat was at a comfy 68, and I couldn't feel any drafts coming from the windows, which is more than I can say for my apartment windows. 

My dad made the suggestion of using the attic as an office when completed, which makes total sense because the entrance to the attic is actually THROUGH the master bedroom. 

Ladies and gents, this is it. We are waiting for the preapproval to come in from the last lender, and once we have that, we will submit an offer!! Should we probably wait and keep looking? Sure, but we are happy with this decision. My dad even said that if the inspection was done within the last 6-9 months, he would even be ok with forgoing an inspection all together because there was nothing major he could see. Thankfully the seller's agent has a copy of the previous inspection that was done, so we are just waiting for them to forward it to us. 

This is actually happening!! I can hardly believe it or contain my excitement. Tomorrow I have to suffer through class while anxiously awaiting a call from the lender. I am going to have to resist the urge browse Pinterest the whole entire time :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

T-10 or 11 Days

T-27 days

T-26 days