And Waiting Some More T-32

Loan paperwork has been submitted. All we have to do at this point is:
  • Submit Tony's checks from his new job as he gets them
  • Buy our homeowner's insurance in about 2 weeks
Thank goodness we do not have to pay again for the inspection OR the appraisal!! That's almost $1000 that we will not have to spend. The appraisal should hopefully be going to the house tomorrow, so we should have the report in about 2 weeks. I'm crossing my fingers that the house comes back AT value at the minimum. It would be nice, considering the increasing real estate prices in my area, that it would come back a couple of grand higher.

For reasons I'd rather not expand upon, it seems that my brother may not be moving in with us after all. My sister is also unknown as to whether she is joining us, obviously a single 25 year old woman would rather stay in her own apartment in the city, or even a place with roommates, than move in with her sister and family in the burbs with nothing for her to do. Which is bitter sweet for us. Having my brother or sister would help us tremendously when it comes to caring for the girls. Not having to stress out about getting home in time to pick them up or being able to leave them at home while making a quick trip to the store. And when the person living with us pays some rent, regardless of how little, its always a welcome reprieve.  But, we've spent so much of the recent years living with other adults, it would definitely be nice to be on our own. For everyone to have their own space, having some privacy. 

We went back to the house today for me to take a couple of measurements of stuff and to show my sister the house. She loves the space and the backyard. I unfortunately also found out that the water/sewage/storm drain bill is $100/month because the house is still a double lot. 

So here we are, at almost a month out. Now my main concerns are:
  1. Tony's job history. Now it includes 3 jobs in 3 years, although they have all been in the same industry
  2. That we can close on May 4th. Any later I think would drive me mad with the amount of schoolwork and tests I will be in the middle of
  3. That the house appraises for at least the sale price. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

T-10 or 11 Days

T-27 days

T-26 days