T-33 Days

I can't believe its already been 10 days since I have posted. School has been a whirlwind with 2 tests and a paper in that time frame with another test and paper in the next 10 days to boot.

But, things are moving along nicely!!! Well sort of, there is one last thing we are holding our breath for. 

Last weekend we completed the inspection. We found some stuff we weren't expecting, some small, some medium, some big deal. 
  • Some stuff needs to get painted because of chipped/peeling paint, but we expected that. Thankfully it isn't much: 2 interior windows, the deck, and the shed in the backyard. 
  • Cast iron waste pipe needs to be replaced. We weren't expecting that. The cost to replace it is more labor than anything, because it gets replaced with PVC. Not sure if the seller is planning to do this himself or hire this out. 
  • Missing gutters. This is important to me because I/we can't DIY that. I mean maybe my dad could, but, eeeehh no thanks. Reason its important is that the basement has some wet spots, just a little damp, and it most certainly is because of missing gutters. 
  • 2 Broken windows. This we and the seller also knew about, they let us know they were planning on replacing these. 
  • Some cracks in the concrete blocks of the foundation under the porch. But this is a simple fix with concrete. Could care less if they don't want to fix it, its easy enough to DIY. 
  • We asked for the some of the deck boards to be replaced because they are rotting from moisture. But this is not a deal breaker as extending the deck *is* one of the things we wanted to do, but most certainly not this year. If they say no and just want to sand and stain that is fine with me. If I needed to I would deal with just replacing with some outdoor pressure treated wood and stain for now. 
  • BIG thing: powder post beetles in basement ceiling. The damage is non substantial at all, BUT treatment is REQUIRED in order to close. Had it not been for that requirement for mortgage, and that the treatment must be professionally done, I would have gladly done this myself after we bought the house. Literally all you do is spray a specific type of insecticide. Like with a pump and spray container, that I literally just bought last week for something else. Would have cost me maybe $75-$150 in supplies. 
That, I believe, is most or all of the stuff we asked for the seller to fix. We submitted the list 2 days ago, so they have another 3 days to respond. For once, I am not super anxious about this. maybe its because I'm too busy either with school and Pinning my heart away. 

Speaking of Pinterest, y'all I have SO MUCH stuff pinned, I am going to be so SO SOOO busy this summer. Thank GOODNESS I work from home. I also have shopping lists ready to go in IKEA, Lowe's, and Amazon. I **really** want to make a "pre-trip" to IKEA to price some things, but IDK if I could keep myself from coming home with stuff. Tony already kept me from buying a TV that was on sale from Best Buy. I swear this TV 40" TV is $50 cheaper than anything I have seen anywhere else, but he insists that I wait for the "tax refund"/ President's Day sales. I listened for once. Its still in my cart, and I am fully prepared to yell at him if I can't find anything cheaper/for the same price. 

I am pricing things, so that I can try at least to decide what is important and what is not. For example, as much as I would love to float my TV on the wall, I know its not super important, as the brackets are $30 and the set to hide the wires is another $50. I probably will need that $80 for paint. And as much stuff as I have pinned, I know I wont really have time to do anything but small projects until June and I am done with the spring semester. 
About an hour ago I got an email from the lender with all our required documents. Basically your whole life. So I printed it out and started checking things off, thankfully most of the stuff I already have scanned, some we have yet to do (like file taxes, which I think we will complete tomorrow). There is a date for a final clear to close on 2/17 with a target close date of 3/2. Its really cutting it close. 

I have begun comparison shopping for homeowners insurance, have a remind to make an appointment to switch internet/phone, and have schedule a move/installation date for Direct TV. I have begun to back a few boxes here and there and starting to clean out/cull closets. I got real with myself about all the pre-kids clothes I still have. That kind of weight loss is NOT happening anytime soon. 

I'll try to keep things updated, but for now, I have to go back and finish some homework that I of course waited until the last minute to complete, its due in less than 24 hours and I am headed over to my mom's house to help her with some stuff. T-33 days! I can't believe I am writing that, considering that at the beginning of last month, we were talking about making this happen in June of this year. 

Later!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

T-10 or 11 Days

T-27 days

T-26 days