Surreal

As of about 3:55pm today we are officially homeowners. I can scarcely believe it. It doesn't quite feel real. Since there was no school and I had to take Sunshine to a dance dress rehearsal later in the day we ended up bringing both of the girls to closing. It was actually kind of painless.

In fact, I was busy telling Sunshine and Bella Bear something and I totally missed when we were done! I was genuinely surprised it was over!

Our monthly payment ended up being a little lower than expected. In fact, we are paying about $150 LESS for our mortgage than we do our house for twice the space and a huge backyard. Our lender let us know that just by making an extra $40 a month payment towards our mortgage principal , we would shave 5 years off our loan!

After closing, we filled our little cars with little boxes and headed to our new abode. I cleaned and unpacked a handful of boxes but still, it's not really connecting that this place is mine to do what I wish.

I have so so so many things on my list. I have to figure out which ones to prioritize. Most I suspect will be the in the kitchen.

I'm exhausted, and I promise I will finish up my dining room table and chairs remodel, but I havent been back to my mom's house and we are picking up the unfinished collection tomorrow anyway because it's the only time we'll have a truck for it and the dishwasher.

It's almost midnight, I still have stuff to pack so tata for now.

Sincerely,

A stunned new homeowner.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

T-10 or 11 Days

T-27 days

T-26 days